Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"NEVER TASTED SO BETTER WHEN YOU TRIED TO LET GO"

Kicking off this new blog was something I didn't really know what to do at first. I didn't know how to start, didn't know what to post, no idea where I wanted to take it and most surprisingly, if I really wanted to have a blog anymore at all. The original intention was to do it for a little while for family and friends back home in Sacramento. A way for them to connect with me without a phone call but instead with a simple click of a button through images and text. But the result was it turned into this big expression where I would take it far beyond other people's visions on what they do on their own blogs.

I started this new blogspot because I feel 2009 for me, is I'm starting fresh. I'm leaving everything behind and moving towards another stepping stone in life. But the thing is, I don't want to just disown the past so quickly. Embracing the former days of 2008 when I started my documentations are still really valuable to me. I've graduated my first college, I've met many new people (good and bad), I've started a new school, my brother graduated and has since moved to Pasadena, got a bigger apartment down the street, I've gotten fatter, I finally shaved my little goatee and I can finally talk to a girl without peeing in my pants. Kind of.

Roses On Stars will be in full-swing mode in 2009. I will explain further in a latter post on what the true meaning behind the name came about and what it means to me. But for now, enjoy these last few photographs from 2008. These were when I finally learned how to correctly edit photos in Photoshop. Again, kind of. Talk to you soon.



































by derekstars