Friday, July 9, 2010

MAGIC MOTION.

Some of you guys have already seen this, so bare with me.

Last week, I FINALLY watched 2001: A Space Odyssey for the first time; and instantly won cool points with all the science-fiction nerds out there. Kyle fell asleep, but my jaw dropped to the floor with my butt hanging on the edge of my seat. Not only was it visually stunning, but I admired the way the music moved to the motion of each scene. It was absolutely beautiful. And that brought me back to my motion piece I did about two years ago. I don't know if this project is "absolutely beautiful" (*wink-wink), but I carefully studied each beat to the movement of the typography. Kinda' like how Stanley Kubrick did it, but a lot worse.

So here we go, "The Wondrous Boat Ride" from a scene from Willa Wonka and The Chocolate Factory.


If you know me, you know I can rave about how this is my favorite film of all time. Here's the original scene:


by derekwong