Sunday, April 4, 2010

CHILL-SEE.

Back from New York, 74 photos and counting from my week-long trip. That and a grand (eh, not-so-grand) video that will blow your mind and knock your socks off. I hope.

Sucks that it's back to reality. But I guess it's true what they say, "all good things must come to an end". But I know what's NOT ending soon... the Chelsea area on the West Side of Manhattan. What's better than spending the better half of the day dipping into gallery after gallery, soaking whatever medium the space inquires? NOTHING. Hmmm, maybe a date with Zooey Deschanel, but that's another day.




It's a shame that I have no idea who did what, where they're from, why, when, how, don't, do, huh, oh, argh, ouch, okay? Sorry about that, I guess I spent most of the time drooling over each space, soaking everything in, and catching some inspiration from every medium showcased. I guess that's the true intent of an art gallery anyway, isn't it? Or not.

Maybe not an "official" art piece, but there's still something great going on here. Stop me if I'm starting to sound like your high-school art teacher. What that? Okay, I'll stop now.


My kind of thing, can't you tell?






This goes without saying, but there's more on the way, in and out around the Chelsea neighborhood.

by derekwong