Thursday, January 28, 2010

SHARING IS CARING.

Pretty boring these past few days on my side of town. Sorry about that.

If you see me in person, you'll probably catch me with my headphones jammed in my ears. Music. I love it, I can't get enough of it. Radio sucks. Here are just a few of my favorite songs that are on repeat. Old or new, doesn't matter to me. And remember, I'm not saying these are the BEST SONGS OF ALL-TIME in music history. But these are MY best of all-time.

You probably heard the Nico version in The Royal Tenenbaums flick a few years back. Well, this is the original by Jackson Browne, written when he was only 16(!!!). Nothing beats an acoustic guitar with such powerful lyrics. "These Days" reminds me of my golden years.


I don't care what anybody says, Duffy is underrated. It sucks that I can't embed her "Warwick Avenue" music video on here. Probably my favorite music video of all-time. But this "Syrup & Honey" song is just nuts.


It was difficult to choose just one The Black Keys record. I got all of their albums and they're on constant rotation when I just want to feel dirty. This song, "The Lengths" brings the grime right out.


The Cold War Kids have been an obsession of late. One minute of "Saint John" and you'll see why. Soul, blues, indie, and hard drums? Winner.


And finally, we'll go with my favorite female vocalist, Regina Spektor. I've been on her style way before 500 Days of Summer came out. "Us" was a song an old friend told me reminded her of our relationship. Bittersweet.


And just because this video is AWESOME. Can't get enough of this chick.


by derekwong