Thursday, October 22, 2009

MOVIE ON UP.

Since I went to go see "Where the Wild Things Are" last night, I figured I'd keep up this blog with a movie theme. Most of my friends already know that I'm not much of a movie-goer guy, so if I go to the actual theater for a viewing, the movie has to look REALLY-REALLY GOOD. But more on this later. It's mostly because I can't sit still for more than 15 minutes; I go to the bathroom 20 times a day, and if the person next to me is crunching down on a bucket of popcorn with their mouth open, I might just have to shove a Red Rope down their throat.

So here I compiled some of my favorites scenes ever from my all-time list of top movies. I'll probably have a 'Part 2' next week so don't worry, these aren't ALL of my favorites. Love 'em or hate 'em, do whatever you want with them. 3, 2, 1, action. Now please turn your cellphones off at this time.

Dazed & Confused (1993) Ever seen this movie? CLASSIC. Look up Richard Linklater. He comes up again on this list.


The Science of Sleep (2006) Everybody has heard of Michel Gondry already. What?! You haven't?! Get. Out. The interconnection between these two characters leaves the rest of the film up in the air. Now go out and watch it.


Before Sunrise (1995) It was hard to choose just one scene from this film. But this one in particular sets up the movie to become one of the most underrated films of all-time. Yeah, I just said that. Again, from Richard Linklater. And yes, there was a sequel in 2004 titled, "Before Sunset". Word has it that there's another one in the works.


Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) If you know me, you know I don't have to say much about this flick. A powerful scene all together. Just like every other one in the film.


The Kite Runner (2007) I'm not gonna' lie to you guys, but this one was a super tear-jerker. But that's not saying much about me, is it? Which reminds me, I gotta' go get more Kleenex.


by derekwong